Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
OUR GREAT MISSION
The mission of Great Explorations Children's Museum is to stimulate learning through creativity, play, and exploration.
- Great Explorations Children's Museum is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization which was incorporated in November, 1986. One year later, the museum opened thanks to community support and, in particular, the Junior League of St. Petersburg.
- Drawing educational content from the arts, sciences, and humanities, Great Explorations programs and exhibits encourage creative thinking, problem-solving, and discovery. Exhibits invite the participant to touch and explore or role play. Program lessons are presented in a multidisciplinary context and interactive style.
- The museum is 24,000 square feet with 18,000 square feet of exhibits that are continually upgraded and rotated.
- Recent awards/recognition: Promising Practice / Universal Design for Learning through the Association of Children's Museums in 2008; Best Practices in Access through the State of Florida Division of Cultural Affairs and VSA arts of Florida in 2008; and Tampa Bay Business Journal Nonprofit award in 2008.
- Great Explorations toured up to 5 different exhibitions for more than 10 years to museums nationwide.
- Ranked #1 place for kids in Tampa Bay by the Lila Guide, a national parenting resource.
- Great Explorations is home to the Foster Great Futures initiative which includes the Early Explorations Preschool and VPK as well as the Camp Explorations, Youth Leadership, and AmeriCorps Great Explorations programs.
- Foster Great Futures also enables thousands of underserved individuals and groups to receive free admission and/or outreach services and provides mentoring and volunteer opportunities for at-risk teens.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!