Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Community Cycles (CC) is a non-profit organization of bicycle enthusiasts whose mission is to educate and advocate for the safe use of bicycles as an affordable, viable and sustainable means of transportation and personal enjoyment within our community.
CC provides re-cycled bikes and a welcoming space to learn about bicycle repair, maintenance and operation through outreach and advocacy activities.
- We promote the bicycle as appropriate and powerful technology
- We recognize bicycling as a means to increase community and quality of life
- We uphold the power of cyclists to transform the individual and the community
- We advocate environmental preservation and conservation by encouraging the use of the bicycle as a sustainable form of transportation and recreation
- We strive to increase bicycling as a form of recognized not just "alternative transportation"
- We provide access to tools and knowledge regarding bicycles to anyone in the community regardless of race, color, national origin, spiritual belief, age, gender, sexual orientation and physical ability
- We embrace the diversity of people through cycling as well as encourage partnership among the different local cycling populations
- We commit to providing a long-term programing to further the above values
Our aim is to recycle bikes from the local community, make them reliable again, and get them back out to low income and/or high needs members of the community. We have several programs such as Earn-A-Bike, Youth Earn-A-Bike, Kids Holiday Bike Give Away, Bicycle Workshops, Bicycle Mechanics Classes, and Bicylce Advocacy, on which to anchor our efforts.
We are also a sponsor of Walk and Bike Month in June, hosting bike rodeos, bicycle safety events, and Bike to Work Day. Our advocacy activities include partnerships with community organizations such as GO Boulder, Naropa Bike Shack, Boulder Valley School District, Family Learning Center, and the Center for Hard to Recycle Materials. We have received sponsorship and/ or support from local businesses such as University Bicycles, Cycle Sport, Mirrycle and Full-Cycle.
- Brett Schager
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!