Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Promoting community development and empowering people with education, training and supportive services.
"Providing A Hand Up, But Not A Hand Out"
Who is PLCCA, Inc.
Proviso Leyden Council for Community Action, Inc. (PLCCA) was established in 1968 by Bishop Dr. Claude Porter as a private, non-for-profit corporation to serve low-income residents in Cook County's Proviso and Leyden Townships, and the municipality of Norridge including some of the metropolitan areas of Chicago.
PLCCA provides a range of programs and services based on its mission of eradicating poverty. Joining in partnership with the community, PLCCA offers more than thirty (30) programs and services that assists families with housing and energy assistance, youth development, substance abuse related issues, adult literacy, job readiness and senior citizens.
The Primary Goal of PLCCA
PLCCA continues to be the enhancement, development and implementation of practical approaches of serving the low-income residents and the total community. As a community action agency, we recognize the results that can be achieved when every facet of the community voluntarily joins together in a partnership to address common concerns. We firmly and community largely self-reliant, self-determined and therefore self-sufficient
ANSWERING THE NEEDS OF THOSE WE SERVE
PLCCA prides itself on having served more than 30,000 unduplicated clients through its various programs and services. PLCCA currently runs its 30 plus assistance programs with an operating budget of approximately 8.7 million dollars and maintains a total property value of approximately 9 million dollars.
PLCCA, Inc. has focused its community efforts by addressing issues such as:
1. Increased programming for substance abuse operations
2. Expanding or adding youth development activities including Gang Intervention and Prevention, Mental Health & Juvenile Justice and Boxing Out Negativity/B.O.N.mentoring program
3. Increased economic development that includes supportive services for residents wanting to transition into the workforce
4. Increased housing for senior citizens
5. Housing counseling and the creation of additional affordable housing units
6. Providing 24/7 child care services to working parents & students
- Drew Martin
- 708-450-3500 ext. 253
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!