Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission Statement Parker Street Ministries, Inc, is a Christ-centered nonprofit 501c3 organization committed to individual, family and community restoration, reconciliation and revitalization beginning in Lakeland's Parker Street Community.
We passionately believe the Christian community development work of Parker Street Ministries is vital to our neighborhood and to the future of Lakeland. Without our efforts and collaborations with other organizations, the crime characteristic of at-risk neighborhoods proliferates, significant learning gaps widen in students, substandard housing continues, and the effects of isolation, with its corresponding hopelessness, is unaddressed.
Parker Street Ministries...
- Characterized foremost by staff who live in the neighborhood providing holistic, on-the-ground approaches to Christian community development.
- Has served neighborhood since 1996.
- Serves residents living within the geographic boundaries of Memorial Boulevard to the north, the In-town Bypass to the south, Florida Avenue to the west, and Ingraham Avenue to the east.
- Led by Executive Director Tim Mitchell since 2002.
- Governed by independent board of trustees.
- Is not a church, but is a faith-based organization that is not affiliated with one Christian denomination.
- Is not a homeless provider, but rather serves residents within our boundaries, referring homeless people to existing providers.
- Advises similar ministries throughout the southeast.
Our Long-Range Goals and Strategies:
- Lifetime Learning
- Beautiful Neighborhood
- Financial Fitness
- Healthy Families
- Desirable Neighborhood Businesses
- Celebrating All People
- Dependence on Christ
Partner with us in our mission to transform the Parker Street neighborhood.
Ways YOU can partner with us? Plan to join us through volunteer groups; and pray for our staff, ministry and families. We look forward to partnering with you as we join in God’s transformation of our neighborhood.
- Rebekah Day
- Need admin access?