Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
Arthritis Foundation efforts center on the three-fold mission of the organization: research, prevention and quality of life. In 2007, the Foundation provided nearly $14 million in grants to more than 200 researchers to help find cures, preventions or better treatments for arthritis. Over its 60-year history, the Arthritis Foundation's $400 million investment to more than 2,200 researchers has resulted in major treatment advances for most arthritis diseases.
- Arthritis costs the economy $128 billion. These costs include $81 billion in direct costs for expenses like physician visits and surgical interventions and $47 billion in indirect costs for missed work days.
- Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States.
- More than 50 million people (1 in 5 adults) and nearly 300,000 children live with arthritis every day.
- By the year 2030, an estimated 67 million or 25% of the projected total adult population will have arthritis.
- Nearly one-third of adults with arthritis experience work limitations.
The Arthritis Foundation is the largest national, voluntary health agency seeking the causes, cures, preventions and treatments for the more than 100 forms of arthritis. The Foundation has more than 100 offices and service points nationwide to provide community-based programs and to raise funds.
By Volunteering with the Arthritis Foundation, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of more than 50 million adults and the 300,000 children living with arthritis. As an Arthritis Foundation volunteer, you can use your talents and experience to make a vital difference in your community.
Sign up to be a Volunteer today! To find a volunteer opportunity that's right for you use VolunteerMatch to locate local opportunities in your community.
- Sheila Brown
- Need admin access?