Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission: Sisters of Today & Tomorrow (SOT) mission is to raise the consciousness of women and children through innovative programs that focus on self esteem, education, health & fitness and careers/entrepreneurship.
"Sisters of Today & Tomorrow" (SOT) a 501C(3) nonprofit organization,was founded by Carla Morrison andis a direct result of community programs Chit Chat Communications’ (CCC) community division "C. Morrison Presents..." has produced since 2003. The organization is reputable across America for its sincere need to help women and children. The company has produced over 25 community programs, promoting higher education, entrepreneurship, self esteem, health & fitness and personal development, impacting over 5,000 youth and adults, receiving favorable media exposure nation-wide.
Guest panelists/speakers have included, (but not limited to): Oscar Award Winner Mo’Nique; R&B Soul Singer Chrisette Michele; Basketball Great Earvin "Magic" Johnson; Writer/Actress/Radio Producer Deya Direct; Writer/Author of "African American History for Dummies" Ronda Racha Penrice; 1 st African American Woman Fire Chief Rosemary Cloud; Connecticut State Senator Toni Harp; Georgia State Representative Alisha Thomas-Morgan, Attorney Phaedra Parks and a host of other prominent professionals/community leaders.
The official launch of Sisters of Today & Tomorrow took place Wednesday, October 1, 2008, establishing itself as a leading grassroots organization with global connections.
The New Haven, Connecticut Chapter of "Sisters of Today &Tomorrow" was developed on Saturday, March 6, 2010, at the downtown New Haven Public Library, after two women volunteered for a "Sisters of Tomorrow" Conference at James Hillhouse High School in New Haven, three months prior (December 28, 2009), where they committed themselves to working with youth in New Haven to build a better community. Carla Morrison currently travels back & forth to New Haven from Atlanta to conduct SOT workshops and programs.
After reading about SOT Sabrina Mack and Angela Bunting, two budding entrepreneurs in the field of Social Work, from New Haven, Connecticut (also alumni of James Hillhouse High School), now living in Charlotte, North Carolina decided to carefully develop, the Charlotte Chapter of "Sisters of Today & Tomorrow", along with Carla Morrison.
Sisters of Today & Tomorrow’s goal is to teach girls how to become self assured, polite, productive, goal oriented, health conscious, community driven, well rounded business savvy young leaders/ladies and women.
- Career exploration / Entrepreneurial development.
- Character building.
- Effective communication skills (written & oral).
- Etiquette (table setting, manners, eating, proper attire).
- Job preparation.
- High School, College and SAT/ACT preparation.
- Life skills.
- Network skills.
- Program planning.
SISTERS OF TODAY & TOMORROW
3 signature programs
- "After The Party, What's The Plan?" Symposium Series, is a national program that tours across the country (set to impact the world), promoting higher education and entrepreneurship through a panel discussion, with prominent professionals in entertainment, sports, communications, fashion, politics, civic leadership and more. The program is for boys & girls, ages 16-21 (primary); 9-15 & 22-26 (secondary).
- "Sisters of Tomorrow" Conference is an all day conference that consists of various workshops focusing on self esteem, education, health & fitness, careers/entrepreneurship and personal development. The conference is geared towards girls ages 9 -18, and their mothers (or woman in their life).
- "Celebrating Women of Color", a women's history month celebration, which involves a keynote speaker, poetry, musical entertainment, drama, food, fun and more, for women ages 21-45 and their families.
- Carla Morrison
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!