Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Founded in 2007, the Mile High Business Alliance is a non-profit membership organization committed to building a stronger local economy. Presently, there are 200+ members including Denver area businesses, non-profit organizations, individuals and community leaders. We are working to build a thriving local economy, which ensures that economic power resides locally and sustains vibrant, livable communities and healthy ecosystems.
- We increase community prosperity and support local businesses through marketing and promotion as well as trainings, workshops, networking, events, other programs to build our local economic capacity.
- We create awareness of the importance of supporting local businesses. Our Colorado Local First marketing campaigns, neighborhood Local Flavor Guides and local business directory strengthen the connections between independent businesses and community members, creating a sustainable economy.
- We provide a voice for small businesses to influence the governmental issues that affect them directly by advocating for policies at the local, state, and national level. We partner with many key community organizations to maximize our ability to represent all members of our local economy.
Colorado Local First Campaign
The Colorado Local First campaign makes it easier to locate and support businesses that are more responsible, more independent, and more sustainable. We're reaching thousands of Coloradoans with the message of "Local First," and providing resources for them to connect with locally owned businesses.
Our media campaigns, store posters, window decals and more make it easy to identify the local businesses in our community and spread the word about the vital importance of having a locally-based economy. Look for the Colorado Local First logo in businesses in your neighborhood.
Our Local First campaigns include the following:
- Colorado Local First for Retailers & Service Businesses: leveraging unique collateral, collective marketing and grassroots messaging to promote local businesses. Posters, stickers, counter cards and shopping bags are examples of free collateral we offer to members.
- Eat Local First: Full color guide featuring local farmers, markets, and the cafes and restaurants who source local food. The Eat Local First guide is published in the 2nd Quarter.
- Bank Local First: A new campaign focused on "move your money" messaging and tools to focus more capital investment in local financial institutions.
- Buy Local Week: Our annual holiday campaign to focus more retail spending to local companies. For four years running, Buy Local Week has received support from the Mayor of Denver and Governor of Colorado, helping to raise awareness of the vital role of local companies.
- Small Business Week: MHBA is partnering with the Denver Office of Economic Development and other partner organizations to promote small businesses from May 16-20. The campaign will conclude with a Small Business Forum on May 21, connecting small businesses with resources to start, expand and support your business.
- lisa brady
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!