Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Public Allies' mission is to advance new leadership to strengthen communities, nonprofits and civic participation. Public Allies is changing the face and practice of leadership in communities across the country by demonstrating our conviction that everyone can lead, and that lasting social change results when citizens of all backgrounds step up, take responsibility, and work together.
Through our signature AmeriCorps program, Public Allies identifies talented young adults from diverse and under-represented backgrounds who have a passion to make a difference, and helps them turn that passion into a viable career path. Allies become leaders who can engage and unite people of all backgrounds, lead effective projects and organizations, and commit long-term to creating a more just society with opportunity for all.
Here's what our 10-month-long AmeriCorps program offers:
Full-time paid apprenticeships in local nonprofit organizations, where apprentices:
- Serve four days per week.
- Create, improve and expand services that address diverse issues such as youth development, education, public health, economic development, the arts and the environment.
- Earn a monthly stipend of $1,300 to $1,800.
- Receive health care, child care, student loan deferment, and a post-service education award of $5,550.
A rigorous leadership development curriculum delivered by community leaders, practitioners and educators. This includes :
- Intensive weekly skill training and leadership development seminars.
- Critical feedback, reflection, and personal coaching toward individual performance and professional goals.
- Community building and team projects with a diverse cohort of peers.
- Presentations of learning at the end of the year to demonstrate how each Ally met the learning outcomes of the program.
- Isaiah Jenkins
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!