Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To facilitate self-sufficiency for homeless individuals or families in need of housing assistance in Adams County and Southern Weld County by providing both temporary housing and transitional/affordable "workforce" housing and case management services.
The roots of Almost Home begin in a basement in St. Augustine’s Church. A shelter operated there from 1986 until 1992, during that span members of local church’s donated food and time on a nightly basis. When that shelter was unfortunately forced to close in 1992, Almost Home was formed through community and church collaboration. Almost Home commenced operation as a Colorado non-profit organization in October 1994 in order to help fill the needs of homeless families in Adams County. In 1998 Almost Home relocated to a 14-bed shelter and in 2004 we opened Hughes Station, the first mixed income apartment community in historic downtown Brighton.
Over the last 15 years Almost Home has served nearly 34,000 people and provided financial assistance totaling nearly $1.7 million. Since 1996 Almost Home has provided over 38,000 nights of shelter.
The organizational goal of Almost Home, Inc. is to prevent homelessness and provide temporary, transitional and permanent affordable housing for those who are in need of short and longer term assistance.
Our goals are to:
1. Provide shelter for any person or family from our service area who may be homeless.
2. To provide bilingual case management services to assist them in finding housing and improving their self-sufficiency.
3. To prevent persons from becoming homeless through financial assistance.
4. To work collaboratively within the community to seek long-term solutions to the homeless problem, and to
5. Expand the number of transitional and affordable housing units within Adams County.
- Ian Jacobs
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!