Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
OFWDSVS advances our mission of preventing and ending domestic and sexual violence, stalking and human trafficking by fostering a community based on equality and mutual respect through prevention and intervention, community engagement and awareness, policy and advocacy.
The Office for Women & Doemestic and Sexual Violence Services offers services for Fairfax County Residents whose lives have been affected by domestic and sexual violence. Services include:
- Counseling services (individual and group) for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Telephone hotline / helpline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide information and support.
- Support services for individuals and families leaving violent situations.
- Intervention services for abusers, including those referred by the courts for physical, emotional or verbal abuse as well as those voluntarily seeking services.
- Community education about healthy relationships, effective communication skills, and how to recognize abusive behaviors.