Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
DSVS advances our mission of preventing and ending domestic and sexual violence, stalking and human trafficking by fostering a community based on equality and mutual respect through prevention and intervention, community engagement and awareness, policy and advocacy.
Domestic and Sexual Violence Services offers services for Fairfax County Residents whose lives have been affected by domestic and sexual violence. Services include:
- Counseling services (individual and group) for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Telephone hotline / helpline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide information and support.
- Support services for individuals and families leaving violent situations.
- Intervention services for offenders, including those referred by the courts for physical, emotional or verbal abuse as well as those voluntarily seeking services.
- Community education about healthy relationships, effective communication skills, and how to recognize abusive behaviors.