Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Family Resources is a United Way member agency whose mission is to prevent and treat child abuse by strengthening families and neighborhoods. The Beverly Jewel Wall Lovelace Children’s Progras in delivering expertise, academic supports, tutoring and comprehensive programming for children six days per week and during the summer months. Engaging about 20,000 adults, children, and teenagers every year, and serving approximately 2,600 intensively, Family Resources is distinguished by its continuum of services.
The organization provides:
- after-school and Saturday out-of-school time programs for housing project-based children ages 5-18 in 11 public and subsidized housing communities within the Pittsburgh Public Schools;
- parent support and parent education to reduce families’ isolation and build nurturing parenting skills to prevent child abuse;
- crisis intervention to stabilize families and divert children from the child welfare system and academic deficiency;
- year-round after-school, weekend, and summer programming through the Beverly Jewel Wall Lovelace Children’s Program (BJWL) and other initiatives;
- parent engagement and involvement at each BJWL site to build capacity in communities to ensure children’s safety and well-being through parent presence and integration of the extended community.