Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Grace Academy is a private, tuition-free school for middle school girls (grades 5-8) that provides a quality education to the under-served communities of Hartford. Drawing upon our core values - respect, courage, leadership, hospitality, joy and service - a Grace education inspires self-discovery, responsibility and a lifelong dedication to learning. Our overall objective is to: provide an environment for inner-city students to excel academically, prepare them for high school and college, and develop confidence and personal leadership skills.
Our Model: Grace Academy opened on August 30, 2010. We have 30 students in the fifth and sixth grades. We are implementing a unique and proven model that addresses the educational needs of inner-city middle school students. The success of this comprehensive educational model can be attributed to a multiple of factors:
- extended day program (a 9.5 hour day concluding at 5:30 PM)
- rigorous academics
- intentionally small schools (15 students per class) with an 8:1 student/faculty ratio
- high expectations delivered in a caring, nurturing community culture
- strong culture of community grounded in spiritual formation
- parent(s)/guardian(s) involvement
- community involvement with collaborative alliances
- summer camp with continued instruction and character development
- post-graduate support through high school and into college
- Grace Academy
- (860) 236-7535
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!