Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Expressing the love of Christ by serving and caring for people in need.
Lutheran Social Services of Nevada (LSSN) has been expressing the love of Christ by serving and caring for people in need throughout Southern Nevada for over 20 years. Since its inception, LSSN has served over 440,000 individuals through a variety of services, including:
- Our DigiMart Food Pantry, the first online food pantry in the country that allows clients to choose their own food and place their order from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Farmers market-style food events called Open Air Markets, which travel to communities in need to give out fresh fruits and vegetables and other nutritious, wholesome foods.
- Our Senior Meal Program, which provides seniors over 60 with nutritious meals at two locations every weekday.
- Cooking demonstrations and classes in our Nutrition Education Kitchen, which educate our clients about their food and making healthy choices for their families.
- Multiple Empowerment Services, such as Rental Assistance, Rapid Rehousing, and Birth Certificate / State ID assistance.
- And much more!
Our programs seek to not only address a client’s immediate needs, but also to provide individuals with the tools and resources to become self-sufficient in the long term. As a small but mighty team of only 15, we rely on the power and dedication of volunteers like you to keep our services running. Will you help us to continue to serve and care for thousands of Nevadans every year?