Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Please wait . . .
Nashville Public Library is committed to:
- Extending the benefits and joys of reading, lifelong learning, and discovery to all people through collections and services;
- Promoting the value and power of knowledge, essential in an informed democracy, by providing open and equal access to the records and opinions of the world;
- Providing emerging technologies and instruction as a gateway to information resources
within and beyond our walls;
- Serving the community with integrity and skill;
- Providing an environment welcoming to all people which serves as a gathering place within the community;
- Preserving and sharing across generations the wisdom, culture, and history of our community.
The Nashville Public Library has a Main Library downtown, an Archives, a Talking Library service, and 20 branches throughout the city. Our 300 regular volunteers help us with a variety of tasks.
Would you recommend Nashville Public Library?
by Tia L. (October 24, 2018)
I have always gone to the library growing up. It is where I spent my time after school.
by Gabrielle P. (April 9, 2017)
It seems like a nice way to help out the library. Also, for people like me, who haven't volunteered here before: no experience or specific training is required.
by Meg D. from Nashville, TN (January 11, 2016)
I have been volunteering weekly at the main branch of the Nashville library for about two months. I love it! The volunteer program is very well-organized, and the assignment I applied for (and received) turned out to be a great match for my skills. They provide training, as well, so you don't need to have any experience to get started. I also have the opportunity to volunteer in other departments and at special events as I am able, in addition to my regular weekly assignment. They even tried to help me find a special assignment to fulfill a requirement for one of my college courses. Everyone I've interacted with has been helpful and a pleasure to work with! I don't see myself leaving the library any time soon, and will probably volunteer there as long as they'll have me. I highly recommend the Nashville library!