Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mountaineers was formed in 1906 to explore the wild areas and peaks surrounding the still-young city of Seattle. Today, it is home to around 10,500 active members. Purposes
- To explore, study and enjoy the mountains, forests and water courses of the Northwest and beyond
- To gather into permanent form the history and traditions of these regions and explorations
- To preserve, by the encouragement of protective legislation or otherwise, the natural beauty of the natural environment
- To make expeditions and provide educational opportunities in fulfillment of the above purposes
- To encourage a spirit of good fellowship among the lovers of outdoor life
- To hold and sustain landscapes, properties and program sites for the furtherance of the purposes of the organization
In addition to the recreational activities we pursue, The Mountaineers works to ensure that wilderness areas are preserved and protected through the actions of our Conservation, Recreation Resources and Stewardship divisions. Volunteer members track issues, mobilize members, perform trail maintenance, work with coalitions and lobby legislators (local and national).
It's easy to get involved with The Mountaineers. We offer trips, classes and events for all experience levels. So if you are an absolute beginner with a desire to get outside, or you are an experienced outdoor enthusiast, we have something for you. Our trips range from easy to very strenuous, with everything in between. You pick your own pace.
- Sarah Machacek
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!