Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Children of the Crow Indian reservation, a stronghold of traditional values and culture, rise-up by initiating a youth summer camp, which will be the catalyst for social and economic improvement through the creation of an inspired youth leadership; armed with the vision and the tools necessary for real, sustainable change.
- Potential permanent job opportunities with Leap2Grow, a non-profit organization (www.leap2grow.org)
- *Top 2 interns will have opportunity to present research findings at Native Tribal conference in England.
- Extremely rare and unprecedented access to live with Native Americans
- Will receive full orientation prior to beginning, including curriculum training ( no experience necessary)
- ALL food, accommodation and amenities will be provide at NO COST for entire duration
- A commitment of a minimum 3 consecutive weeks, maximum 8 weeks.
The Center Pole (www.thecenterpole.org), located on the Crow Native American reservation, near Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, 1 hour south east of Billings airport, in Garryowen, Montana. (The Center Pole, is a 501 (c)(3) registered charity)
- The first official Warrior Youth Summer Camp will be conducted with the assistance of 10 interns, working together, which will provide a " Big Brother/Big Sister" learning environment to 30, specially selected, Crow children.
- Small ratios of 1 to 4 will effectively allow the interns to implement the curriculum provided, along with imbedding much needed confidence and motivation within the Crow children.
- Bonds and relationships will be formed, which will enable the Crow children to open up and connect, hence, providing a path to become inspired and be focused to help their own people
BENEFITS TO INTERN:
- Top 2 interns will have opportunity to present research findings at Native Tribal conference in England
- Extremely rare and unprecedented opportunity to live with Native Americans
- Career opportunities with the non-profit Leap2Grow for selected interns (www.leap2grow.org)
- Assist in curriculum development and research project
- Develop life-long bonds with the children of the Crow Indian Reservation.
- Be a positive and influential role-model to the children
- Help these oppressed children rise up to reflect the greatness their ancient culture.
- Weekends free to explore
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!