Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission and statewide leadership role is based on the belief that all children should have:
- A nurturing family in a supportive community
- Quality health care
- Quality educational opportunities throughout their childhood
- Protection from all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence
- Economic security and freedom from poverty
- Equal opportunities and freedom from racial disparities
- The chance to achieve their potential and their dreams
- We know that Oklahomans care deeply about their children.
- We also know that children rely on caring adults to give voice to their needs, protect them from harm and help them grow.
- We encourage the "power of one" knowing one caring adult can make a profound difference in the life of a child.
- We believe in mobilizing the "power of many," knowing that our collective voice can result in positive and lasting change in meeting the needs of our state's children.
Founded in 1983, the Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy is the "Voice for Oklahoma’s Children". By coordinating programs and working to engage partnerships from the public and private sectors, OICA is the leading advocate for children’s issues with state policymakers.
"The Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy (OICA) has been a trusted 'Voice for Oklahoma’s Children’ for over 25 years", said Linda Terrell, Executive Director. "With the current budget challenges facing the state, that voice must be heard louder than ever before."
Through our aggressive, statewide initiatives, research and reporting of children’s data, and our grassroots and legislative advocacy, OICA moves forward critical issues that improve the lives of all children in Oklahoma, especially those in greatest need of assistance and opportunities.
- Gay Johnson
- 405-236-5437, ext 100
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!