John Muir Health
- Health & Medicine
Location1601 Ygnacio Valley RoadWalnut Creek, CA 94598 United States
John Muir Health Mission Statement
We are dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve with quality and compassion.
We will exceed our patients' expectations for seamless, consistently positive experiences with all aspects of John Muir Health, and we will distinguish ourselves by:
- Providing quality health care services to our communities and creating value driven, regional centers of excellence
- Delivering pre-eminent tertiary services and advanced medical technology
- Providing health care services that promote patient safety and the prevention of injury
- Attracting and retaining quality physicians and employees to deliver excellent medical care
- Fostering an organizational culture that respects employees, supports them in developing their skills and talents, and encourages superior performance
- Providing stewardship of resources and maintaining a strong financial position consistent with our mission
- Partnering with physicians to strengthen both John Muir Health and physicians in our unified purpose to improve the delivery of care
- Building alliances that create healthier communities
- Ensuring locally controlled health care
John Muir Health has Volunteers across all of its sites; John Muir Medical Center-Walnut Creek, John Muir Medical Center-Concord, John Muir Behavioral Health Center, John Muir Outpatient Center-Brentwood, and John Muir Outpatient Center-Tice Valley/Rossmoor. John Muir also has Volunteers who provide support to seniors in their homes through the Caring Hands Volunteer Caregivers Program.
Whatever your interest, we have something to suit you. We have roles involving patient contact, non-patient contact, behind-the-scenes support, special projects, fundraising, or acting as an educational guide or Docent, to name but a few!
Volunteers with John Muir Health have a unique opportunity to be a part of a very worthwhile undertaking, by assisting personnel, patients and visitors. Our volunteers are able to add vital dimensions to our services - warmth, compassion and graciousness, and become a member of a valued team within John Muir Health.
We celebrate the gift of time our Volunteers give us and we hope the reward for the Volunteer is the satisfaction of giving service to others.
As a Volunteer member of John Muir Health, it is expected that Volunteers conform to the ethics and regulations of the organization, and work toward excellence in service to the organization.
If you have an interest in Volunteering with us, we ask that you will be able to make a 3 or 4 hour commitment every, or every other week, for a minimum of 6 months. We will provide you with general and department specific training, as well as a uniform, parking, and discounts in our Cafs.Thank you for your interest in our many Volunteer Programs; we look forward to serving with you.