Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Eisenhower Dance Ensemble is:
- To be a professional contemporary dance company with the highest artistic standards.
- To be a repertory company showcasing the work of Michigan, national, and international choreographers, composers, and artists.
- To perform regularly throughout the Detroit metropolitan area.
- To tour in Michigan, nationally, and internationally.
- To educate and inform the public about the art of dance.
- To encourage the community to explore dance as an enjoyable source of cultural and physical enrichment.
Eisenhower Dance Ensemble is dedicated to the performance of a diverse range of contemporary dance works. Founded in 1991, the Eisenhower Dance Ensemble's reputation has grown to such a degree that critics now consider it to be one of the Midwest's premiere contemporary dance companies. A professional repertory company based in Rochester, MI, EDE consists of highly trained dancers with extensive credentials in technique, performance, and teaching. With a mission to perform, educate, and spread appreciation for dance of the highest artistic standards, EDE has established itself as an important contributor to the cultural life of Oakland County, and of metro Detroit as a whole.
The backbone of EDE's artistic season is the Company's subscription concert series of four metro Detroit performances. Many of these performances take place in Oakland County communities such as Troy, Beverly Hills, Lake Orion, and the Company's home base, Rochester. Subscription performances often provide impetus for outreach activities, such as in-school programs and lecture-demonstrations, within the district of the venue. Students from the EDE Center for Dance are often invited to perform on subscription concerts, giving the young dancers the opportunity to showcase their work in front of a large and supportive audience.
- Brooke Hoplamazian
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!