Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Adult Basic Education (ABE) in Minnesota is to provide adults with educational opportunities to acquire and improve their literacy skills necessary to become self-sufficient and to participate effectively as productive workers, family members, and citizens.
Adult Basic Education addresses a variety of learner goals. ABE helps learners to:
- Attain employment and/or better their current employment;
- Achieve high school equivalency (GED or Adult H.S. Diploma);
- Attain skills necessary to enter post-secondary education and training;
- Exit public welfare and become self-sufficient;
- Learn to speak and write the English language;
- Master basic academic skills to help their children succeed in school;
- Become U.S. citizens and participate in democratic society; and
- Gain self-esteem, personal confidence and sense of personal and civic responsibility.
To be eligible for ABE, an individual must be 16 or over, not enrolled in secondary school, and functioning below the 12th grade level in any of the basic academic areas including reading, math, writing and speaking English.
- Kirsten Fuglseth
- 800-562-4053 x 117
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!