Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
PCC's mission is to improve the health of medically underserved and uninsured Central Texans by providing high quality, affordable healthcare and wellness education. The Clinic has been offering care with respect and dignity since 1970. Our 11,000 patients have access to prenatal, pediatric, adolescent and adult care as well as immunizations, social work and integrated behavioral health services and chronic disease management.
People's Community Clinic is a unique Austin institution and one of the oldest continually-running independent clinics for primary care in America. Founded in 1970 by a group of volunteer doctors and nurses, the Clinic has never wavered from its mission: to improve the health of medically underserved and uninsured Central Texans by providing high quality, affordable healthcare.
People's Community Clinic is Austin's only independent clinic offering comprehensive health and wellness care to improve the health of our uninsured neighbors. The Clinic has been locally managed and operated for 40 years, and is nonprofit and privately funded. All services are offered to patients on a sliding scale basis. Some of the factors that make us unique include:
- The Center for Adolescent Health, which is a diverse group of programs that offer medical and developmental services to adolescents both at the Clinic and at several off-site locations.
- Our Integrated Behavioral Health Program is a pioneering model for delivering mental health services through a patient's primary care provider.
- The Clinic offers a variety of critical, targeted social services unavailable through other community medical programs for the uninsured.
- Our pediatric immunizations completion rate was an incredible 98% according to a Spring 2009 Health Department audit.
- A unique nutrition program that combines the expertise of a behavioral psychologist and a dietician to help patients improve their own health through learning about positive lifestyle changes.
Our mission is to improve the health of medically underserved and uninsured Central Texans by providing high quality, affordable healthcare.
Patient-Centered: Decisions and operations sustain and enhance patients' dignity and welfare.
Caring: Relationships between staff and patients promote continuity of care and support patient self-care and wellness.
Community-oriented: Clinic outreach efforts expand and support healthcare.
Cost-effective: Clinic resources are used efficiently.
Mutually respectful: We recognize and appreciate each individual's contributions to achieving the Clinic's mission and to creating a rewarding and pleasant workplace.