Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"Working in partnership with our community to create a safe, healthy and caring environment for animals and people"
- Preventing rabies in humans by enforcing rabies vaccination laws, investigating possible animal rabies cases and providing rabies vaccination services
- Collaborating with state agencies to investigate and prevent zoonotic infections
- Enforcing Harris County Animal Regulations, including licensing, leash law and vaccination requirements
- Sheltering lost, abandoned and dangerous animals, coordinating adoption services for shelter animals (includes spay or neuter surgery, vaccinations, and license) and rabies vaccinations, licensing, and micro-chipping services to the public for owned companion animals
- Presenting animal safety and pet care education to law enforcement officials, students, civic associations and employers
- Investigating citizen complaints and concerns regarding dangerous dogs, animal bites, injured animals, free roaming animals and wildlife
- Coordinating with partner agencies to provide care for animals and protect the public from zoonotic diseases during disasters.
- Colleen Hodges
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!