Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"Working in partnership with our community to create a safe, healthy and caring environment for animals and people"
- Preventing rabies in humans by enforcing rabies vaccination laws, investigating possible animal rabies cases and providing rabies vaccination services
- Collaborating with state agencies to investigate and prevent zoonotic infections
- Enforcing Harris County Animal Regulations, including licensing, leash law and vaccination requirements
- Sheltering lost, abandoned and dangerous animals, coordinating adoption services for shelter animals (includes spay or neuter surgery, vaccinations, and license) and rabies vaccinations, licensing, and micro-chipping services to the public for owned companion animals
- Presenting animal safety and pet care education to law enforcement officials, students, civic associations and employers
- Investigating citizen complaints and concerns regarding dangerous dogs, animal bites, injured animals, free roaming animals and wildlife
- Coordinating with partner agencies to provide care for animals and protect the public from zoonotic diseases during disasters.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!