Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer.
How We Accomplish Our Mission
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is the national organization creating hope in a comprehensive way through research, patient support, community outreach and advocacy for a cure. The organization raises money for direct private funding of research--and advocates for more aggressive federal research funding of medical breakthroughs in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer.
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network fills the void of information and options by giving patients and caregivers reliable, personalized information they need to make informed decisions. The organization helps support individuals and communities all across the country work together to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for pancreatic cancer. We create a sense of hope and community so no one has to face pancreatic cancer alone.
National and Local Scranton/W-B Affiliate
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's goals are to give pancreatic cancer patients a fighting chance for survival by working in a comprehensive way to meet the following urgent needs:
- Increasing federal and private funding to advance research programs that create breakthroughs in the understanding, treatment and prevention of pancreatic cancer.
- Funding innovative research that expands the current portfolio of pancreatic cancer research leading to more options for patients.
- Encouraging young scientists to make pancreatic cancer their research focus.
- Supporting patients and giving them options with top-notch information and resources.
- Encouraging collaboration and partnerships among institutions, the government, researchers, scientists and healthcare professionals--thereby producing faster results for patients.
- Sharing our knowledge and increasing our effectiveness by increasing outreach with all partners including patients, health professionals, donors, volunteers, corporations, other pancreatic cancer organizations/foundation and government officials.
- Sustaining and expanding our network of volunteers and donors to help people make a real difference on this disease through leadership, volunteerism, advocacy and community outreach.
- Educating and creating awareness and activism in the general public about pancreatic cancer.
Our Guiding Principles
- Always provide efficient, no cost, high quality programs that produce sustainable results for patients.
- Maintain exemplary service and support standards, and provide those who rely on us in crisis with the most accurate information in a responsive, caring and professional manner.
- Consistently maintain a rapid response time to our constituencies phone calls, emails or letters in a professional and caring manner.
- Understand that progress comes in many forms, and thus we strive to be creative and adaptive to seize opportunities to make a real difference in fighting pancreatic cancer.
- Develop innovative collaborations and foster teamwork among all of our partners to produce faster results for patients.
- Create a strong team environment both internally and externally. The only way to overcome pancreatic cancer is to fight it together.
- Maintain consistent and frequent communication to our loyal constituency base. Report on our progress, and that of the scientific and research communities who support our efforts.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!