Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
PODER prepares Spanish-speaking adult immigrants to seize opportunities in Chicago through comprehensive, tuition-free English education and job training programs. PODER’s professional, disciplined approach ensures that all students learn to understand and communicate in English and to navigate daily life with confidence. Through software courses and the Oprima-1 work/study program, students gain job skills and certifications that prepare them to enter the Chicago job market. PODER's positive and disciplined environment empowers Spanish-speaking adults from all education levels to build successful new lives in the U.S.
PODER offers comprehensive, tuition-free English education and job training programs for Chicago's Spanish-speaking adult immigrants at all education levels, including:
- Adult Basic Education in Spanish for students with limited formal education in their native language, as a precursor to English education courses.
- Accelerated written and oral English classes.
- Basic computer software training that familiarizes students with programs found in most workplaces.
- Oprima-1, a bilingual work/study program that prepares students for full-time employment with English language, telecommunication and customer skills.
PODER’s professional, disciplined approach ensures that students receive the highest quality education and training.
- Unlike other non-profits that offer English education courses, PODER’s teachers are paid professionals who maintain a positive and disciplined learning environment.
- Our students are expected to commit to their studies and contribute to a positive, motivating culture.
All programs are adults only, which limits distractions