Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Eagle Hill Equine Rescue offers rescue, rehabilitation and forever placement to abused, neglected or at risk equines.
We promote humane treatment and to strengthen the bond between horses and people, especially children, through education and guidance.
The goals of Eagle Hill Equine Rescue (EHER) are to offer programs that help equines in need and to connect people with horses for the purpose of helping the horses find their best purpose in life.
The purposes and objectives of the organization are to perform the following educational and charitable activities as a means of providing both animal shelter services and assistance and rehabilitation to abused, neglected or abandoned equines:
- to help any horse that comes from unfortunate circumstances to find a new life through rescue, rehabilitation, re-training and re-homing,
- assist law enforcement officers in seized, fostering, and adopting of equines,
- to restore respectful horsemanship, humane treatment and the heritage of the horse,
- to educate the community about horses, horse rescue, horsemanship and the proper care and treatment of horses,
- to give the horses the best quality care while they are with us,
- to help horse owners in need by providing them a place to turn to when they need help,
- to empower our volunteers by training them and educating them about horse psychology & behavior and proper horse handling,
- to follow the philosophy, principles and techniques of various "natural horsemanship" practitioners with the horses that come through the rescue because we believe it is the best way to become a better horse person and establish trust, leadership and respect with our four-legged friends in a way that they understand,
- to mentor children and youth through the world of horses, teaching children about horse care while providing them the opportunity to learn self-worth and responsibility,
- to enrich the lives of individuals, children, youth, families and groups through our programs, while discovering their own potential,
- to welcome our military and veterans as well as their families to join us and experience the joy horses can bring to their lives.
Eagle Hill Equine Rescue (EHER) is an IRS approved volunteer non-profit organization [501(c)(3)] where there are regularly over 50 horses available for adoption. EHER has specialized in horses in varying stages of handling and have a number under saddle. We are a full care facility situated on over 40 rolling acres outside of Fredericksburg, Virginia (just inside Culpeper County, only 11 miles off I-95 exit 130).
- Ann Delp
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!