Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. Since 1979, NAMI has become the nation's voice on mental illness, a national organization with affiliates in every state and in more than 1,100 local communities across the country. Members of NAMI include mental health consumers, families and friends of people living with mental illnesses, mental health providers, students, educators, law enforcement, public officials, politicians, members of faith communities, and concerned citizens.
NAMI Kansas is the state NAMI organization. We provide leadership and work in partnership with 15 local community affiliates to ensure peer support, advocacy, and education. NAMI Kansas sponsors the annual NAMIWalk to raise funds for the organization and to focus the public's awareness on mental illness and the importance of eradicating its associated stigma. NAMI Kansas also provides advocacy on multiple levels and works with public agencies on policy development and within the legislature to promote needed changes.
- With our affiliates, we provide education, support, and advocacy for people with mental illness, their families and their allies, in Kansas.
- We advocate for improved community-based care for people with mental illness, such as improved access to medication, housing, and supported employment.
- We work to improve institutions and organizations in Kansas that serve people with mental illness.
- We help show the importance of funding research on mental illness.
- We provide free education programs to the community regarding mental illness and its treatment.
- We advocate to eliminate discrimination and stigma against people with mental illness.
- Most NAMI activities are free of charge. You do not need to be a member to participate. But your membership and your contributions make NAMI stronger and better able to accomplish our important mission.
- Aubrey Jacobs
- (785) 233-0755
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!