Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Department on the Status of Women aims to ensure equitable treatment and foster the advancement of women and girls throughout San Francisco through policies, legislation, and programs, both within City and County government and in the private sector, that focus on populations in need.
- Fosters the advancement of the status of women and girls, particularly those issues that impact marginalized women and girls, both within City and County government and in the private sector.
- Promotes access and develop policy within City and County government agencies, insuring equality for women and girls.
- Advocates, monitors and proposes legislation to improve the quality of women's and girl's lives.
- Promotes programs that increase public awareness and understanding of violence against women.
- Administers funds for the provision of emergency shelter for women and their children, and other support services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Monitors complaints of unlawful and unequal treatment of women, and promotes public education and awareness to prevent sexual harassment and discrimination against women.
- Provides technical assistance, information and referral to individuals, community organizations, businesses, and governments related to women's and young women's rights and services.
- Works with community organizations and coalitions promoting issues which improve the quality of life for women and girls.
- Anu Menon
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!