Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission of The Nature Conservancy is to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive.
Our Vision with Arizona Project WET: We, in this partnership, We envision Arizona communities that have a strong awareness of Arizona's natural resources and collectively take action for responsible management of land and water resources; thus ensuring tomorrow's residents with the social and economic stability derived from living in a healthy and sustainable environment.
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
We address the most pressing conservation threats at the largest scale. Thanks to the support of our more than 1 million members, we've built a tremendous record of success since our founding in 1951:
- We've protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide -- and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.
- We work in all 50 states and more than 30 countries -- protecting habitats from grasslands to coral reefs, from Australia to Alaska to Zambia.
- We address threats to conservation involving climate change, fresh water, oceans, and conservation lands.
Why We're Successful! It is who we are and how we work that has made the Conservancy so successful -- and makes us optimistic that we can expand that great conservation work to meet the challenges ahead:
- Everything we do is rooted in good science -- aided by our hundreds of staff scientists.
- We pursue non-confrontational, pragmatic solutions to conservation challenges.
- We partner with indigenous communities, businesses, governments, multilateral institutions, and other non-profits.
- We have the support of more than 1 million members who enable us continue working on a scale that matters and implement solutions that endure.
We address the most urgent conservation challenges at the largest scale. Today, more of our natural world is at risk than ever before. So our work is crucial to keep vital habitats and unique species from being lost forever.
But we can't achieve the large-scale conservation victories necessary without the support and involvement of those who share our passion for preserving our last great places.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!