Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to provide information and support for children and adolescents with cancer and their families, to provide grassroots leadership through advocacy and awareness, and to support research leading to a cure for all children diagnosed with this life-threatening disease.
American Childhood Cancer Organization ( ACCO ) began in 1970 by a group of parents whose children had been diagnosed with cancer. They came together to lobby for more research, and to support each other through the diagnosis and treatment of this life threatening disease at a time when very few children survived. Today, ACCO is one of the largest grassroots, national organizations dedicated to improving the lives of children and adolescents with cancer and their families. We are strong advocates for our families in Washington D.C., we produce the highest quality materials on childhood cancer, and we have over 40 local affiliate organizations across the country providing direct services to the families in their communities. We are:
- Families of children and adolescents who are in treatment or have been treated for cancer
- Children and adolescents who are currently fighting cancer
- Survivors of childhood and adolescent cancer
- Bereaved families
- Spouses, friends and family of long term survivors
- Health care professionals and educators who work with cancer patients and survivors
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!