Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- Ensure ethical decision-making on HIV/AIDS issues
- Educate and update the public, agencies and public officials on HIV/AIDS related issues and concerns
- Promote collaboration among organizations with a similar focus
- Advocate for HIV/AIDS issues
- Inform individuals with HIV on legislative issues
The Georgia AIDS Coalition ("GAC") is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is working to help decrease the incidence of HIV/AIDS cases in Georgia. GAC was created in 1989 to act as an education resource for the formation and articulation of public policy regarding HIV infection. Recently, GAC's initial mission has moved from the public policy arena to incorporate direct health initiatives.
In 2010, GAC launched a mobile testing program to enhance the efforts to provide prevention services, education, and early detection of HIV. The mobile testing unit's primary function is to perform HIV screening tests, and secondly to do other tests like blood pressure, glucose, and hemoglobin checks.
- Tempest Harris
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!