Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission of the Carolina Youth Development Center is to assist children in reaching their full potential as healthy and well-adjusted individuals by delivering a continuum of prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and transition services.
CYDC has been caring for children since 1790, serving the Lowcountry and coastal South Carolina.
Carolina Youth Development Center (CYDC) is a non-profit organization offering shelter and support services to children who have experienced abuse, neglect or abandonment. We also provide mentoring and other services for at risk youth.
Programs associated with CYDC include:
- The Beacon - A shelter serving runaway and homeless teens under 18 years of age.
- Bakker Career Center - A unique program delivering career education, workplace academic skills and personal development and life skills training to children and youth on our campus and within the surrounding community.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Carolina Youth Development Center - A local affiliate of the nationally acclaimed program that matches children from single-parent families with caring adult role models.
- Callen-Lacey Center for Children - An emergency shelter for abused, neglected or abandoned children up to 17 years of age in Berkeley County.
- Charleston Emergency Shelter - An emergency shelter for abused, neglected or abandoned children up to 17 years of age in Charleston County.
- Freedom Schools - An innovative program of the renowned child advocacy organization, the Children’s Defense Fund, that aims to inspire a love of reading while building self-worth among its participants.
- Ledford House - A group home for youth ages 14 to 20 for whom foster care placement or family reunification is not appropriate or available.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!