Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Family Effect works to reduce addiction as a leading cause of family collapse and harm to children in South Carolina.
We believe that families are the fertile soil from which all good things grow. But, in Greenville, SC, the numbers tell a different story:
- 5,000 children can't live with their parents
- 2,420 domestic assaults are reported
- 1,326 children are confirmed as neglected or abused
- 559 children are removed from their home by the state
- 1,100 first graders are unprepared for a successful start in school
- 1,000 students drop out of high school, never to return
Ask any non-profit program director on the front lines the cause of this family breakdown and the overwhelming answer is Addiction in the Home.
Addiction in the home creates more abused and neglected kids, more unprepared first graders and more high school dropouts than any other single root cause.
The Family Effect works to reduce addiction as the leading cause of family collapse and harm to children in Upstate South Carolina. We raise money and recruit volunteers for research-based programs at The Phoenix Center that focus on children and families. Help heal Greenville's families.
Get involved. Stay informed. Volunteer. Donate. Take a Tour. Tell a friend.
Every time you help us spread the word, you are making a difference towards preventing family collapse and harm to children. Thank You!