Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Cork Forest Conservation Alliance campaigns globally for the protection and preservation of the Mediterranean cork forests, its inhabitants and biodiversity, through education, direct action, and partnerships with communities, businesses and governments.
We believe that teaching and promoting sustainability is the best way to systematically approach and solve the many complex environmental challenges facing society today
What We Do
- We speak for the cork forests, the people, plants and animals that inhabit them and who depend on those forests for their survival.
- Our education efforts focus on the ecological importance of the Mediterranean cork forests, sustainable harvesting practices and the priceless co-evolutionary relationship between people and nature.
- Cork ReHarvest is a viable collection and recycling program. We work with our partners to collect the corks before they reach the landfills. However, collecting the cork is not enough. Doing so without increasing its carbon footprint is our major goal.
- This program also helps to educate the public about the negative environmental impact that screw caps and plastic closures have to our planet.
- We work with new businesses that recycle cork to develop carbon neutral processes for manufacturing and shipping of the up-cycled cork.
- The "Real Cork Inside" TM certification program was developed to help wineries let consumers know that they have committed to using natural cork to close their wines.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!