Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
to foster greater awareness of MDA's contributions to people with neuromuscular diseases as well as the Association's central role in assisting those it serves to live rewarding, productive lives, fully integrated into the mainstream of American society. It also advises the Association on matters of importance to people with disabilities such as medical care, insurance, independent living, personal assistance services and pertinent legislation.
MDA combats neuromuscular diseases through programs of worldwide research, comprehensive medical and community services, and far-reaching professional and public health education. With national headquarters in Tucson, MDA’s organizational portfolio includes:
- More than 200 local offices across the country
- The funding of some 220 hospital-affiliated clinics and 36 MDA/ALS Research & Clinical Centers, the ALS Clinical Research Network and the DMD Clinical Research Network
- Financial support of nearly 350 research projects around the world
- MDA is one of 65 member health agencies of the Community Health Charities, which represents MDA in the Combined Federal Campaign. From the time this fund-raising program was established in 1957, MDA has annually met the government’s strict standards for agency objectives, administrative integrity and financial responsibility.
- MDA is the first nonprofit organization honored with the American Medical Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award "for significant and lasting contributions to the health and welfare of humanity."
- In your state, county and city, MDA operates in accordance with all ordinances and regulations governing fund-raising activities and has never been denied a license anywhere.
- Following the passage of the MD CARE Act in 2001, MDA matched the funding of the federal government when establishing the first three Wellstone Centers of Excellence in Muscular Dystrophy Research.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!