Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Madonna Place is a nonprofit agency dedicated to providing services that strengthen families, promote health, and prevent child abuse and neglect.
Since opening in 1987, Madonna Place has grown into a comprehensive family support center serving fathers as well as mothers, and is open five days a week, including two or more evenings, and weekend services when needed.
- The Family Support Center, offers both centered and home based support and education services for parents and children.
- Families First is a prevention program, which offers a menu of services which vary in intensity depending on the level of need and risk status of the family.
- The Fatherhood Initiative Program helps fathers to break down any barriers, which prevent them from being involved and fully responsible fathers. The programs supports custodial and noncustodial father and father figures.
- The Early Childhood Parents in Partnership Program Services is provided to pregnant women, and parents of young children who are at risk of less than optimal development, or child abuse due to the presence of serious risk factors.
- The Family School Connection Program works with families whose children are frequently tardy or absent from school or who have behavioral or academic issues which aren’t being addressed by the parent.
Our primary purpose is to serve disadvantaged, at- risk families; however we have programs that benefit all families regardless of income or risk status. Approximately 35% of our clients are minorities. We have several staff that are bilingual. The families are parents with children, from birth to age 18; we also serve expectant parents, and many of our families are single parent families. We have particular expertise in helping families with young children, but work with all ages. Our agency is located in Norwich, but we serve families throughout New London County. We do not discriminate and welcome clients with disabilities; our agency is fully accessible. This past year we served over 5,000 individuals .
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!