Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We aim to advance global understanding to better meet the needs of an interconnected world.
To create an increased awareness of the social and economic diversity if our shared world by engaging and aligning people with people for the purpose of promoting cross cultural understanding and brigding the gap between rich and poor in an interconnected world.
We fulfill our mission by creating linkages between schools and communities. Our programs include:
- U.S.-Africa Schools Partnering Initiative (USASPI) promotes a global education in schools while improving education standards for the rural poor in Africa.
- Women-In-Support of Education - Micro-finance and Empowerment (WISE-ME) is a microfinance program that links mothers in the U.S with mothers in Africa by getting one group to donate funds for loans of mothers that are dedicated to keeping their children in school.
- Expanding Horizons Program organizes and facilitates travel to Uganda for volunteering opportunities in schools, in communities to train women in financial literacy and computer training for teachers and the public.
- Our Connecting Kids Program is a pen-paling program between schoolchildren in Africa and in the U.S.
- Our 10:30 Porridge Program provides the only meal in rural African schools to encourage attendance. We feed over 1000 children daily.
- Our Computer Literacy Center and Public Library is a social enterprise that allows gives rural populations access to computers and the Internet. MCF operates the only public library in Kabale.
- Anita Mpambara Cox
- 703 477-0318
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!