Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
CARE IS A GIFT
Optum Palliative and Hospice Care has a reputation for compassionate and inspiring care that provides dignity and respect of life for those who so deserve it.
Hospice care is provided primarily in the home, nursing home or in an assisted living facility. The goal of Evercare Hospice and Palliative Care is to provide comfort care to your loved one in comfortable and familiar surroundings.
Optum Palliative and Hospice Care volunteers are an integral part of our patient and family care. Volunteers give time, talent, energy and ideas for end of life comfort, enhanced quality of life, hope and happiness. If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer experience, join our team as a Optum Palliative and Hospice Care - you help everyone succeed!
Optum Palliative and Hospice Care and Palliative Care is searching for reliable, compassionate volunteers to visit with patients in Montgomery, Chester, Philadelphia, Delaware, Lancaster, Northampton, and Lehigh and Bucks counties. I would love to have volunteers who are willing to do any of the following:
- share companionship/ social visits with patients
- spend time doing directed activities with our Alzheimer's/ Dementia patients
- provide music therapy
- share the gift of pet therapy
- help out in the Evercare Hospice and Palliative Care office in King of Prussia
- do activities with other Optum Palliative and Hospice Care Volunteers as a group at local nursing home or assisted living
- make bereavement calls with families who have recently had a loss
- work from your home to make crafts to be presented to Evercare Hospice patients
- take a patient outside
- help patients stay focused a meal time
- provide short periods of respite care for caregivers
- give the gift of presence or hold the hand of a patient who is non-communicate
- take a patient to an activity at their facility
- Provide support for our Veterans Program - www.wehonorveterans.com
Orientation and training will be provided at your convenience. I can help you with ideas/ activities for your patient visits if needed. Volunteers of all ages are welcome. If you are interested in volunteering your time please let me know... we would be honored to have you as a part of the Optum Palliative and Hospice Care family.
- Jean Febbo
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!