Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to provide the adults of Greater Worcester the English language skills they need to thrive in our community . We provide assistance in English language and basic literacy skills through individual tutoring and group instruction. More than 100 volunteers support our work.
We provide free and comprehensive training to our volunteers so they are fully equiped to be tutors. The training addresses lesson planning, available resources, as well as learner characteristics, motivations, and abilities.
Tutoring helps our adult learners to:
- develop greater self-esteem
- exercise rights and responsibilities for themselves and their families
- access job information and pursue career advancement
- become a participating member of the community
- become a lifelong learner
Our volunteers must:
- be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- demonstrate oral and written fluency in the English language
- be an upstanding citizen with a desire to help adult learners