Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of NW VEG is to educate and empower people to make vegetarian choices for a healthy, sustainable, and compassionate world.
More and more people are choosing vegetarian foods for a variety of reasons. Going veg is not about deprivation, it's about celebration. It's a very powerful choice to respect your body, the earth and other beings. Every veg meal is a vote for compassion, for healthy, nutritious food, for clean air and water, biodiverse habitats and sustainable farming practices. There are lots of reasons to choose to eat veg! Everybody has a different one!
The Northwest Vegetarian Education & Empowerment Group is a non-profit 501(c)(3) group in the Portland (OR)-Vancouver (WA) area. Founded in 2003, we are dedicated to bringing awareness to the power of a veg lifestyle and helping support people in their transition toward making healthier, more sustainable & compassionate food choices. We welcome everyone, vegetarian or not, and encourage you to explore veg issues at your own pace. Our purpose is to:
- Build, support & maintain community in a fun environment
- Build, connect & network in the larger community
- Provide education & outreach
- Be a responsible, effective, transparent organization
- Provide expertise & serve as a resource to the community on veg issues
- Create positive change & make the world a better place
- Tara Hathaway
- Need admin access?