Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Artisphere connects people to the joy and wonder found in creativity, celebrates diverse human expression, and advances art that explores the ideas and issues of our time.
The DC-area’s newest cultural center features four distinct performance venues, plus a Wi-Fi café, three visual art galleries, and a 4,000 square foot Ballroom that will bring regional, national and international cultural offerings to the area!
Combines the former Newseum space with the existing Spectrum Theatre next door to create a 62,000 square foot 'cultural campus’
Rather than merely watching, this unique techno-savvy arts space offers interactive opportunities to participate in the creative experience.
Conceived as a 'Third Space’ - a venue between 'work’ and 'home’ where you can engage in the arts, challenge your intellect, or just hang out.
Open seven days a week, 12-16 hours a day, offering more than 100 events per month!
- 220-seat Dome Theatre for concerts, films & presentations.
- 125-seat Black Box Theatre - new home of Washington Shakespeare Company
- 387-seat Spectrum Theatre for concerts and events located just next door
- Wi-Fi Town Square
- Two-story Video Wall screening experimental film and video installations
- 4,000 sq. ft. Ballroom for events (3,000 sq. ft. dance floor), performances and weekly dances with live music: Salsa on Tuesdays, and Swing/Cajun/Zydeco on Wednesdays.
- 4,000 sq. ft. Terrace Gallery, plus two additional gallery spaces for visual arts.
- Curated retail space for the Artisan Center of Virginia, the State’s officially designated fine craft organization.
Resident Companies include:
- Washington Shakespeare Company
- Aurora Opera Theatre
- National Chamber Ensemble
- Sarah Farmer
- 703 875 1100
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!