Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
What We Believe
At United Way of Greater Los Angeles, three core values inspire and inform everything we do.
- We believe all families should have access to affordable housing and health care.
- We believe all students should graduate from high school prepared for college and the workforce.
- We believe working families should be financially stable.
What We Do 10 Big Goals for the Future We Believe in
We fight poverty by providing affordable housing and healthcare, improving educational achievement and increasing financial stability. Our vision is backed by concrete goals set forth in our ambitious 10-year action plan. We measure our own success by how well we deliver on each of these long-term goals--in short, by how many lives and communities that we change.Providing Affordable Housing and Healthcare
- Help more homeless people get off the streets by investing in solutions that result in individuals having access to permanent housing and needed services.
- Ensure 100% of children have health insurance by working at the state and federal levels to leverage funding and support.
- Ensure 75% of United Way's basic needs partners work together to provide integrated services for low-income families.
- Increase high school graduation rates to 75% by ensuring that students have access to the support they need to graduate prepared for college and skilled for the workforce.
- Ensure 75% of at-risk students in United Way programs successfully transition from middle to high school.
- Ensure 90% of parents in United Way programs know how to improve their child's performance at school and their options for college.
- Ensure 60% of students complete college prep courses by partnering with parents, youth, teachers and school districts.
- Increase income levels of 10,000 adults in United Way programs by training and placing them in good paying jobs with career ladders.
- Increase the skill levels of working age adults by supporting English and literacy programs, and recruiting volunteer teachers.
- Help the working poor move out of poverty by doubling the number of people in United Way family savings programs and increasing access to existing income supports by $4 million.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!