Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
CHEFs’ overarching mission is to improve the long-term health and well being of people across the United States by providing them with access to nutrition education, instruction in meal preparation, and resources to a more readily available supply of healthy food.
CHEFs’ overarching mission is to improve the long-term health and well being of people
across the United States by providing them with access to nutrition education, instruction in meal
preparation, and resources to a more readily available supply of healthy food. Through education and community outreach, CHEFs will combat the growing obesity epidemic and increased
frequency of diet-related diseases, which disproportionately impact low-income families and
communities. We will work to accomplish these goals by assembling a diverse group of volunteers
drawn from universities and community-based organizations, who will reach out through various
workshops and events to underserved communities that lack access to affordable and nutritious
food. CHEFs’ ultimate goal is to enable the constituents of the communities we serve to recognize the injustice associated with access to nutritious food. Together with those communities we will work to eliminate the inequalities prevalent in our current food system.
How you can get involved:
1. Education: Volunteer in a local public school classroom as part of our CookShop Program.
2. Experience: Participate in FREE monthly Cooking Classes.
3. Awareness: Attend lectures and field trips to local greenmarkets and organic farms.
4. Access: Improve access to underserved communities by working to increase the number of
greenmarkets, eradicate Food Deserts, and increase the availability of affordable and
5. Donate: Even if you can’t participate in our events, your support on any level is greatly
- Alexandra Talbot
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!