Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide a mentor for every child who wants and needs one.
Our Little Brothers' and Little Sisters' lives are changed for the better, forever.
Our mission and vision combine to shape our commitments. We are committed to participating in the collective effort to create educated citizens; safe neighborhoods; healthy families; and a reliable and productive workforce.
We have just one core value - to be accountable.
We are accountable for ensuring the safety, well-being and satisfaction of our Little Brothers, Little Sisters, volunteers and employees; building mentoring friendships that make a difference, and; creating an organizational culture of quality, respect, integrity, high performance and fun.
Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Oldest, largest and most effective one-to-one mentoring organization in the State of Missouri and nation
- Founded in 1914 and was one of the "charter" agencies of the Big Brothers Big Sisters national movement
- Currently provide services to children and families in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County, Cape Girardeau County and Scott County
- Support two core programs: Community Based Mentoring Program and School/Site Based Mentoring Program. The agency serves children ages 5-17 and all children are matched one-to-one with their very own Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Special attention is given to children attending under-performing school and whose parents are incarcerated
Our Mentoring Works
National research has shown that positive relationships between youth and their Big Brothers and Big Sisters have a direct and measurable impact on children's lives. Little Brothers and Sisters are:
- More confident in their schoolwork performance
- Able to get along better with their families
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!