Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Grow Brooklyn is the non-profit affiliate of Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union, with the mission to provide technical services that help eliminate the most common obstacles to accessing financial services in low income neighborhoods of Brooklyn, ultimately enabling families to build assets and secure their economic footing. A 501(c)(3) affiliate of the credit union, Grow Brooklyn was incorporated by the board of directors of Brooklyn Cooperative to offer crucial services that further enhance the community impact of the financial services provided by the credit union. Working closely with the credit union, Grow Brooklyn services target the neighborhoods of Bushwick and Bedford Stuyvesant, both among the most-impacted by the foreclosure crisis and most under-banked neighborhoods in New York City.
Research, write and follow up on proposals and project reports to private and governmental funders. Work closely with fundraising, finance, communications and program staff to ensure that all proposals accurately reflect Grow Brooklyn's mission, policies, budgets and programs. Manage grant scheduling process and ensure timely submission of proposals and reports. Conduct research on existing and potential institutional funders (government, corporate and foundation). Create and manage international proposal and compliance calendar. This position reports to Director of Program
• Research and write foundation, corporation and government grant proposals for restricted and unrestricted income
• Generate budgets and financial reports as well as program reports for international funders in cooperation with the Finance and Program Departments.
• Oversee and manage prospect research for institutional funders;
• Maintain proposal tracking, grants management, and compliance calendar all proposals and reports meet deadlines as required by funders;
• Manage the organization and maintenance of all institutional funder files;
• Monitor and report on global institutional revenues;
• Be responsible for global stewardship of institutional funders. Work with assigned fundraisers to make sure that acknowledgment letters, cultivation mailings, annual reports and other correspondence is sent as needed.
• Participate in meetings and/or events as appropriate
• Assist in other fundraising writing and initiatives as needed;
• Recruit and manage interns
• Experience as grant writer with track record of success
• Superior writing and research skills (must submit writing sample with application)
• Enthusiasm and commitment to the mission and goals of Grow Brooklyn, Inc.
• Must be able to gather, analyze, and synthesize information and prepare coherent and compelling materials in a timely manner;
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Experience with international development programs and/or funding a plus;
• Reading knowledge of Spanish and/or French a plus
• Proficiency in Excel and Word