Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
MISSION: To enrich lives through a passion for musical excellence and a commitment to New Jersey, its people and its communities.
VISION: To be recognized and valued as a premier 21st century cultural institution that enriches lives through music. We will achieve this vision by:
- Fostering the love of music, especially live symphonic music, among people of all ages and walks of life
- Being a source of New Jersey state pride
- Building productive partnerships that address the challenges and needs of New
- Jersey individuals, institutions and communities
- Utilizing evolving technology to reach, educate and communicate
- Maintaining a financially stable and well run organization with strong artistic, administrative and volunteer leadership
The New Jersey Symphony Orchestra enriches lives through music by providing the people of New Jersey with local, affordable access to orchestral music. As the state's largest performing arts organization, the NJSO brings world-reknowned artists, classic masterpieces, popular music and new compositions to a wide variety of audiences in seven theaters and other venues throughout the state.
We play a significant role in communities by way of our education and engagement programs that reach as many as 40,000 children, their edicators and their families each year. Our education programs include school-time Concerts for Young People, Family Concerts, the Greater Newark Youth Orchestras and an Early Strings violin instruction program for 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders in six of Newark's public schools.
Our volunteers, known as NJSO Ambassadors, play a major role in sustaining and growing the organization by cultivating patrons, building audiences, generating positive word-of-mouth and raising awareness of the NJSO in their communities.
- Renee Pachucki
- (973) 735-1722
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!