Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Jeans 4 Justice is a social change organization that uses art, fashion and fitness as vehicles to empower young people, mobilize communities, and prevent sexual violence. Our vision is to create global unity and peace through access to healing, education and personal development.
WHO we help
- Young people, between the ages of 12 and 24, who according to the U.S. Department of Justice are at the highest risk of attempted or completed rape
- Survivors of childhood sexual abuse, sexual assault and rape who wish to heal from their past, feel empowered in the present, and be a leader in changing the future
- Friends and family of survivors who want to better understand how to support their loved ones, give back and create change
- Any member of the community regardless of age, religion, gender, orientation, race or ethnicity who desires access to information, campaigns or programs
WHAT we offer
- Campus Curriculum (including sexual assault prevention, non-violent communication and personal development and leadership training programs)
- High School Workshops
- Student and Parent Focus Groups
- Templates for Community Involvement
HOW we support
- Provide training and leadership education for college students to educate, engage and empower their peers on prevention strategies, and ways to create safer, more connected campus communities
- Deliver fun, creative avenues for community members to feel connected, get involved and have a voice
- Provide age-specific educational programs and workshops for middle school, high school and college students
- Offer 5-week workshops for high school students to foster self-awareness, self-confidence, effective communication and healthy relationships
- Provide individuals with access to resources and partnering organizations on a case-by-case, need-specific basis
- Offer collaborative trainings with partnering organizations to provide education and leadership to parents, educators, community leaders and student groups
- Provide opportunities for men to come together and feel connected and empowered through sharing their experiences, channeling their emotions, and owning their importance as positive role models
HOW we are different
- We take a creative approach to a challenging and sensitive subject matter that many regard as "taboo"
- We collaborate with like-minded organizations and individual change agents to broaden and strengthen our collective impact
- We use art, fashion and fitness as vehicles to engage, speak out, and empower
- We provide a place where individuals and community groups can co-create their own programs and events using our ideas, resources and tools
- We provide people with the tools to help themselves
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!