Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Uplift Internationale aims to give a life-changing gift to children with facial deformities by mending faces...one child at a time.
Uplift Internationale conducts Operation Taghoy (a Filipino word for whistle)--an annual mission to the Philippines to provide reparative surgical care to poor, rural children born with facial deformities.
- The care is provided at no cost to the children or their impoverished families.
- Up to 100 life-changing surgeries provided each year.
- The care is provided by healthcare professionals and outreach personnel who fully donate their time and expertise.
- These volunteers fund 85%-100% of their own travel, meal and lodging expenses.
- The surgery allows these children to move from the shadows of society back into the light of the community.
OPERATION TAGHOY: Our Annual Medical Mission
Each year, Uplift Internationale conducts a two-week medical mission to provide reparative surgical care to indigent children in the rural Philippines born with facial deformities, primarily clefts of the lip and palate. The care is provided by healthcare professionals and outreach personnel who donate their time and expertise in addition to funding 85%-100% of their travel, meal and lodging expenses. The care is provided without cost to the children or their impoverished families and with minimal burden to the host hospitals.
This humanitarian mission - named Operation Taghoy (a Filipino word for whistle) - helps to change a life of shame and ridicule to one of hope and promise.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!