The Chicago Council on Science & Technology
- Education & Literacy
Locationc/o Illinois Institute of Technology10 West 35th Street, 10th floorUnited States, IL 60616 United States
C2ST seeks to be the preeminent regional consortium for science- and technology-related education and policy and a prominent voice nationally.
C2ST will be an advocate for regional science policy and among the nations leading source of information on policy issues of science and technology.
In establishing the Chicago Council on Science and Technology in 2006, the founders sought to bring together Chicago's scientific leaders - academic, corporate, government, museums, universities and national laboratories- to provide a forum for the discussion of current issues of scientific interest.Goals
- Be a voice and advocate for the scientific community in the metropolitan Chicago area.
- Enhance the public understanding and appreciation of science and technology (S&T) through public discussions of emerging and important S&T policy issues.
- Provide opportunities for members of the scientific community to meet each other and develop a greater sense of identity.
- Link academic, business, and public policy leaders to build consensus for science education, technology innovation, and robust knowledge-economy growth in Chicago and the Midwest.
- Maintain a working relationship with the science journalism community in the metropolitan Chicago area, providing special briefings on selected emerging issues.
- Attract new science, engineering and technology based industries to the Chicagoland area.