Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) has the dual purpose of engaging persons 55 and older in volunteer service to meet the needs of our local community, and to provide a high quality experience that will also enrich the lives of the volunteers.
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Nassau County is federally funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service. The RSVP connects adults who are 55 years of age and older, with a rewarding volunteer opportunity based on their interests, skills, experience and abilities.
RSVP Offers a Range of Opportunities Including:
- Delivering Meals to Homebound Seniors
- Mentoring and Tutoring Youth
- Working with Individuals with Special Needs
- Acting as Tour Guides in Parks and Museums
- Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response.
Benefits of RSVP Membvership Include:
- Flexibility; dedicate as much or as little time as you choose to offer
- Supplemental volunteer liability insurance at no cost to you
- The opportunity to be a positive role-model
- Recognition luncheon in honor of your service
- Gain new skills and knowledge, and explore new interests
- Develop meaningful relationships and make new friends
- Personalized support to arrange one or multiple meaningful volunteer placements
- The ability to volunteer for a one-time opportunity or special project
RSVP volunteers are provided with a high-quality volunteer experience that will enrich their lives, and the lives of those they serve.
- Elizabeth Hopkins
- 516-541-7787 ext. 5422
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!