Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"T.R.E.E.S., through its members, seeks to engage their communities in meaningful activities as they guide North Central Texans toward improved behaviors concerning litter abatement, recycling, air and water quality, energy and water usage and community beautification with the goal of sustainable environmental conservation as it relates to and impacts their shared Trinity River Watershed."
TREES PROGRAM AND MEMBER SERVICE RESPONSES
TREES continues its leadership and coordination of our signature event, "The Trinity Trash Bash." In 2008, about 2,500 volunteers attended 16 local cleanup, recycling and educational events. In 2009, over 4,000 volunteers cleaned up 47,000 pounds of debris and retrieved 106,000 ounds of recyclables. In 2010, over 12,000 volunteers are expected to staff and/or attend about 40 member events all through September and October!
Every T.R.E.E.S. program is geared to further the organization’s mission. Every TREES program is conducted by, through and for its participating members programs in order to maximize the strength of local green programs and enhance their sustainability.
- Public and private sector fundraising to promote the Trinity Trash Bash and other efforts exceeded $8,500 each in 2008 and 2009. The 2010 total will approach $80,000.
- Professional development scholarships are offered when possible.
- Arrangments are being made to hold most monthly meetings via the Internet at little or no cost.
- TREES has arranged tie-ins with the WFAA Project Green website that includes individual member participation at no cost.
- TREES is pursuing a role in The 2011 Super Bowl XLV promotional programming.
- TREES is represented at all Keep America Beautiful and Keep Texas Beautiful annual conferences.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!